- What personal data we collect, including from Omega One online applications, services and our website at Omega.one (collectively, the “Services”);
- How we use the data;
- With whom we may share the personal data;
- Legal basis for processing the data;
- Storage and security of your data;
- Your Privacy Rights, Choices and Disclosures, including those for Europe and California;
- Jurisdiction; and
Personal Data We Collect or Process
We also collect information that you provide to us voluntarily. Omega One collects the information that you provide to us when you sign up to receive newsletters, advisories, announcements and invitations and contact us by email. We may request data such as name, country, email address, self-designated trading volume information and patterns. We use this information only to respond to your comments, requests or questions.
If you inquire about a career at Omega One, you have the option of sending to us a resume containing personal data about you and which we will use solely for employment evaluation purposes. Providing this information is completely voluntary. Please do not submit to us any sensitive personal information.
In connection with provision of the Services through our applications, we request information about the entity your represent as well as personal information about authorized persons and beneficial owners (if individuals) to determine suitability for trading in our system, many elements of which are necessary for us to comply with our own Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
Entity information may include but is not limited to organizational and governing documents, ownership and control structure, business activities, assets, offering documents, regulatory documents and audit information.
Personal information of individuals who are authorized persons, control persons, enterprise owners and beneficial owners may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Contact data, including without limitation billing address, residential address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Information about your identity, including without limitation first name, maiden name, last name, title, username or similar identifier, tax ID, marital status, date of birth, country of birth, country(ries) of citizenship, gender, employer details, Social Security Number or other identity document number, nationality and any other information contained in any identification documents you provide to us (e.g. your passport, driver’s license, government-issued ID, etc.), and images of such identification documents.
- Financial data, including without limitation bank account details.
- Information about your trading behavior.
- Your preferences with respect to receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties.
When you register for or otherwise use our Services, we may receive information about your criminal convictions when we perform certain verification or compliance checks. We carry out these checks in order to detect or prevent any unlawful or fraudulent acts and to comply with our legal obligations.
From time to time our interactions with you will be conducted over the telephone or video-conference, and such telephone calls and video conferences may be recorded.
We collect information in order to process payments. Payment methods include bank wire, ACH, and crypto deposits.
How We Use the Data
We use the personal data we collect to respond to your inquiries, create an account, complete transactions you initiate, provide or enhance the services you request, perform our contractual obligations, provide updates and other important information related to your activity on and with the Services, inform you of new services or changes in Services, administer the Services, fill employment positions, enter into contracts for services, to fulfill legal obligations we have to governmental authorities or other third parties, and for other legitimate business purposes. You will have the opportunity to opt out of any electronic marketing communications you may receive from us.
With Whom We Share Personal Data
Omega One is a provider of services located in Bermuda, and as such may need to share information with internal personnel and our affiliates located in different geographic locations in order to perform our Services. We may also share your personal data to third parties (within or outside your country of residence) who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation our verification services providers, who help us detect and prevent fraud and comply with our legal obligations, technology providers and professional advisors.
We may disclose information (within or outside your country of residence) if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary by law or the legal process, to protect and defend our or others’ interests or property, or to enforce agreements you enter into with us. Your information may be transferred to another company (within or outside your country of residence) in connection with a merger or in the event that our business is acquired in whole or part by another company.
We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties (within or outside your country of residence) for analytical, research or other similar purposes.
Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you and to perform Services that you request.
Storage and Protection of Your Personal Data
We retain the personal data we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected and to perform our contractual and legal obligations, or as required by applicable laws and regulations, whichever is longer. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, we store email addresses until the user requests to be unsubscribed or removes themselves through any self-service tools offered to the user.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and technical precautions to protect your personal data and communications between us. This includes, when required or as we deem appropriate and feasible under the circumstances, encryption and written commitments from third parties that may have access to your data that they will protect the data with safeguards that are substantially equivalent to those used by Omega One.
No Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free, however. We therefore cannot guarantee absolute security of your data, and we are not responsible for processes and networks that we do not control. Users assume the risk of security breaches and the consequences resulting from them. Please be careful in deciding what information you send to us via email or over the Internet.
Your Rights, Choices and Disclosures
General. This section is subject to specific disclosures on privacy rights set forth below. You may
contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to
request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information and the right to
opt out of the sale of your personal information (as applicable). We will do our best to honor
your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a
request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information to
provide you Services, contact us at email@example.com or make changes to any user profile information connected to your account.
You may opt out of receiving electronic marketing communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on the communication or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some non- marketing communications may not be subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions, disclosures to comply with legal requirements, software updates and other support-related information. If you do not wish to receive any service-related emails from us, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
You may be able to disable Cookies through your browser settings, but if you delete or disable Cookies, you may experience interruptions or limited functionality in certain areas of the Services.
Your European Privacy Rights and Choices. If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the
territory of Europe, we are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the
European Data Protection law. Otherwise you can contact us at any time to discuss your privacy
Privacy rights under the European data protection law include:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or need additional information you can contact us any time.
- Right of access, restriction of processing, erasure. You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information, which requests we will do our best to honor subject to any legal, ethical and contractual obligations. To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time. When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
- Right to object at any time. You have the right to object at any time to receiving marketing or promotional materials from us by either following the opt-out instructions in commercial e-mails or by contacting us, as well as the right to object to any processing of your personal data based on your specific situation. In the latter case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal, ethical and contractual obligations. Some non-marketing communications are not subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions and disclosures to comply with legal or ethical requirements.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to data portability of your own personal data by contacting us.
- Right not to be subject to an automated decision, including profiling. We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively impact you.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according the European Privacy regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
California “Shine the Light” Information-Sharing Disclosure: California residents may request a list of all third parties with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send us a written request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Shine The Light Rights” in the subject line.
California Do Not Track Disclosure: We do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures. The California Consumer Privacy Act is effective on January 1, 2020. As of that date, California residents have the right to request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share or sell personal information
- The categories of personal information about you that we have sold
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Additionally, you have the right to request deletion of your personal information, the right to opt out of the sale of your information (if applicable) and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Omega One is a Bermuda company with service providers located outside Bermuda, including in the United States. If you are an individual from the European Union, Canada or any other jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that are more restrictive than those in Bermuda and the United States, please be advised that personal data may be transferred from the country of your residence to other countries, including the United States, which is not deemed an “adequate jurisdiction” by the European regulatory authorities.
Links to Other Sites
Questions and Contact Information
Omega One is located at:
52 Reid Street, Hamilton HM12 Bermuda